woensdag 8 juli 2015

DIY photo string



























Hi everyone, today I thought I would show you how I made this awesome photo string. I made it a while ago and I've loved it ever since. It's really simple to create, so let's go!































This string is one my favorite items in my entire room. I really love how it brightens up my room and gives it such a nice effect. I also really love this for spring. Another reason why I like it so much is because you can change up the pictures every season or every year, or just when your tired of it. This will keep your room fresh.:)



























The first things you'll need are clothespins. I bought these little ones because I find that it looks better with smaller clothespins. However if you can't find them you can obviously just use regular ones. I found these at Xenos which is a dutch store, but I'm pretty sure you can find them at almost any craft store.


Then you are going to need string. This can basically be in any color you like, but I preferred to keep it simple. Furthermore scissors and glue are also needed.


























The next step is to go to weheartit.com. Here you can find many amazing pictures. You just have to save them to your computer, put them in a word document and print them. Of course if you have any pictures of yourself that you like, feel absolutely free to do that. This will make it more personal. If you don't like we heart it, you can also use tumblr.com. Here you'll also find a lot of pictures.



























You will also need some cardboard. I just used a carton box that I found in my garage. I stuck the pictures on and then carved out the cardboard with the pictures still on it. Try to use cardboard that isn't too thick because then you might not be able to clip your pictures onto your string with your mini clothespins.



























So now you've stuck your pictures on your carton. It's best if all your pictures have a slightly different size and are in the same color scheme. This will help it be a bit more casual and make it all come together.























Now hang all your pictures to your string and try to make them overlap a little. This will again make it more casual and loose.

I really hope you liked this blog post. As I said it's super easy to make and you don't need a lot of materials. Thank you very much for reading and I will talk to you soon!

x Laura



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten